Missing Me Some Ice Cream

It was the kind of day that has me sitting here, in front of the computer at 6:24 pm, with a 1.5 quart container of ice cream in front of me.  Had the container been full, I just might have eaten the whole thing.  Thank goodness there was only about 1/12 of the ice cream left when I hauled the container from the freezer.

Which gets me thinking about why there was only 1/12 of it left.  (Don't worry, FRN, this isn't about the math.)  It's because of inflation.  It used to be you could get a half gallon of ice cream at the store (that's 2 quarts to you, FRN).  Then, it was 1.75 quarts, and they hoped you didn't notice.  Now, we're down to 1.5 quarts, and you have people like me complaining that there isn't enough of the good stuff to go around when the chips are down.

Which then gets me thinking of chips, chocolate chips.  I can load up on those.

Comments

cryptozoologist said…
yeah, and pasta used to comein 1 lb boxes that are now 13 oz

and a fifth of liquor which should be a fifth of a gallon is only 750 ml, thats about 5 ml shy.

and a megabyte used to be 1024 bytes but now it is only 1000!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status