The Making of a Real Princess

Melina:  Mom, can you polish my doll's eyebrows?
Me:  [WTH?] What does that mean?
Melina:  It has to be that, mom.  We need to polish her eyebrows.
Me:  Why?
Melina:  It is for the dance class.  She wants her eyebrows to look nice.

She looks at me like, Don't you know?  No, I don't.  Melina forgets she is talking to someone that takes minimal time with upkeep.  I sit here in jeans, fuzzy slippers, and a light fleece jacket.  I did do my hair this morning, but only because we needed to be somewhere.

Melina: I named this up.  You could use washable pencil or washable marker for her eyebrows.

Now, we are getting somewhere.  I imagine that she just might want to fill in the doll's eyebrows.  Where did she get that idea, though?  I've never done that in my life.

Me:  Do you want me to draw over the eyebrows?
Melina:  No.  She has them already.  
Me:  So get a marker and show me what you want.

Melina takes the marker, pink of course, and brings it over.  She uncaps the marker and positions it in her right hand.

Melina:  Steady, steady, here we go. [I am not kidding, she says all of this as she tries to apply the marker to the doll's eyelashes.]
Me:  Honey, those are her eyelashes.  I thought you said eyebrows.
Melina:  Okay, okay.  Yes, we can put it on the eyebrows.  You will be able to see it there.

Now, her lovely 18 inch doll sports fuschia eyebrows, and next in line on the creativity front is a crown for her head.  She's never looked better.



Comments

Hopeful Mama said…
Don't we get to see a picture?

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status