From the Mixed-up Files of My Class

I gave my second exam today to my Saturday class.  The last exam scores were dismal, so I adjusted my test accordingly.  I made the questions somewhat easier, and also let them use their notes.  The results?  A little better, but some people still managed to get Ds. 

Who were these people?  One, a person that just sits in class and doesn't really pay attention, and the other?  Someone who refused to use her notes. 

"I want to see what I know," she said to me, the 3rd time she asked me about a question and my answer was, "I am letting you use your notes, therefore I cannot answer that question." 

I so appreciate that she is trying her best and wants to really understand the material.  But how about you take the test without the notes, and then go back and check yourself?  Wouldn't that be a great idea? Wouldn't that help you understand the material, too?  You could check where you went wrong and correct yourself. And then, maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't complain to me after you took the exam because you would have gotten the 94% for which you were aiming.

Apparently these guys won't win on Jeopardy and they certainly won't win any prizes for common sense, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status