Take a Vote

This post isn't about the upcoming election.  Don't worry, even I am not courageous enough to bring up that subject here.  If you don't know who you are voting for by now (and I happen to be one of those persons that believes undecided voters do exist, much like Santa) then take some time in front of a computer and bring up the issues.  See where these candidates stand and make a decision.

Anyway, back to my own problem.  I am placing a few questions out here in cyberspace, and hope to take a vote.  For those of you that don't know me, the questions may seem random to you, but please know that there is a bigger plan at work here.  For those of you that know  me well, I think the plan is quite obvious.

1.  Should Harvey's mouth move when he speaks?
2.  If my main character thinks she is from one of Jupiter's moons, is it okay for her to not actually travel there?  (This one might be tough.  I don't want to reveal anything just yet, but this book is not a space travel book.  That doesn't mean I couldn't write a sequel to it.  Heck, everyone is writing sequels these days.  I might as well just plan on  it.)
3. How bad should my villain be?  I'm aiming for an audience that sits in the 2nd to 4th grade reading level, I think.  I don't want to scare anyone.  And I have no plans to kill off my villain. I'd almost rather teach a lesson with him/her.
4. As for my ending, I seem to be stuck there.  I know what the end is, but is it okay for me to just explain everything?  I feel like I am doing a Scooby-Doo if I just have things explained.  But see #3.  This age group might need the explaining.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

T said…
1) Harvey's mouth... depends. Is he cuter without a mouth? If his mouth opens, what will his teeth look like? How animated will he be? I don't know that I ever envisioned him with a mouth.
T said…
2) With said audience being 2nd-4th, yes this is fine.

Hell ask Tolkien, obviously he was fine with not doing the obvious and then not explaining crap.
T said…
3) Make it a bully then, says mean things, doesn't share, etc.
T said…
4) You totally have to explain. This is why you have someone read your draft and tell you if you explained too much or if you should cut out portions.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status