Magic 8 Ball

In our living room on Thursday morning...

"Will I be a ninja?  Will I be a ninja?  Will I be a ninja?" Melina chanted, shaking the Magic 8 Ball.  Someone must have told her to repeat the phrase 3 times.  I looked up to see Melina staring, with a furrowed brow, at the ball. "This isn't doing anything!  Mom, can you help?  What does this say?"

"Bring it over here, honey, so I can look."  I was a few steps away, so she made it over in one second.  Melina handed me the Magic 8 ball.  The light was dim, and with the cloud cover and rain yesterday, there was no light coming through the windows.   "Uh, I can't see it.  Hold on a moment.  Let me finish this up and I'll help you."

Melina took the ball, headed back to the chair she had just vacated and started shaking the ball again.
"Why can't my mom see it?  Why can't my mom see it?  Why can't my mom see it?" she said.

I just shook my head and laughed.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status