Three Words

Not every Sunday, but some Sundays, a few lady friends and I meet up while the kids are at Sunday school.  We sit and chat, have a cup of coffee and a doughnut or bagel, and recharge for the week.  I find these ladies funny, and fun, and to be quite honest,  I look forward to our meetings.

Even though alcohol is not involved (it is just 9:15 am in the morning, and Sunday of all days), we can get pretty loud; there are a lot of laughs at our table when we inhabit it.  We discuss our kids, our husbands, our jobs, our pasts. And so far, there are no off-limits topics. 

Well, this morning, we learned from someone who shall remain nameless that she worked at a summer camp with a person (we'll call her camp counselor from here on out) who didn't like three words.  I can appreciate that.  The topic had come up and all of us admitted to not liking certain words.  I happen to abhor the words bowel movement and regurgitate.  Something about those just makes me shudder.  Another person didn't like the word vomit.  You can see how all of our words sort of relate.

Well, camp counselor -- someone I have never met and probably never will -- claimed to dislike these three words in particular:  caress, moist, and panties.  Furthermore, she told the kids at camp that she didn't like them, so the children would run around and annoy her by shouting out those words.  I about fell off my chair when my friend revealed all of that.  Those three words, in connection with one another, can bring about a story of their own, and not in a good way, I might add.  After she told us those words, a loud guffaw escaped from each of our lips.  I don't know about anyone else, but the visions in my head ran rampant, and later on in the afternoon, I still couldn't get those three words out of my brain.  I found myself chuckling to myself all day yesterday.

So here's my question.  What three words annoy you?  I might, as a creative writing exercise, try to take three words and come up with a short story that centers around them.  And yes, perhaps I'll try it with caress, moist, and panties.  I am no EL James, but I might be able to do some justice to them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status