Rainy Days and Mondays...

What happens when the rainy day is on a Monday? Do we go berserk? Pull out our hair? Curse the sky as we run through the cold droplets that plunk against out skin like ice?

No, we sit and write about it.

At least we do if the we in question is me. But because I have quite a bit to do today that doesn't involve writing (more specifically my volunteer schedule is nuts today), I won't whine about it here. Just know that the Carpenters had it right with that song.

Talkin' to myself and feeling old.
Sometimes I'd like to quit;
Nothing ever seems to fit;
Hangin' around, nothing to do but frown;
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

Actually, I just looked it up, and Paul H. Williams wrote the song (of course he did. What hasn't that man written?). So I guess he had it right. Hope your Monday isn't as rainy as ours!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status