Ivy Update

Many of you have asked for an update on the Great Dane rescue mission we embarked upon. And thanks for asking, by the way. It's good to know that you all care.

But I'm sorry to say that even though we were approved to be a home to a Great Dane rescue dog, the organization doesn't have one right now that would be a good match. Apparently, Ivy went to another good home and the rest of the dogs need to be an only dog.

I have mixed feelings about not getting what I want this time. I'm glad that we are approved to be a home for a future dog, but the fact that we couldn't be placed with one right now feels like another NO in a long string of NOs in my life right now.

But instead of concentrating on that NO, I'm going to hope that the tides will turn and, in a few months or even a year, I'll experience a longer string of YESes. I guess we'll have to see.

In the meantime, cross your fingers for me.

Comments

Kelsey said…
So the annoying part of me says that maybe it was a NO this time because something else will be a YES soon and you'll need to have time/energy to devote?

When you the right dog does come along that will be one lucky pooch.
Christina said…
Good way to look at it, Kelsey. So thank you. It's easy to focus on the negative. Hope you are enjoying vacation!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status