Speak to Me

Things speak to me, often. And by things, I can mean anything: commercials, quotes, stories, people, signs, nature, just about anything. Want a great example? Go find a Pure Michigan commercial, blast it in my ears, and watch me weep. The voice of Tim Allen and his (albeit scripted) description of days gone past and summer in Michigan gets me -- every time.

What is it today? Doctor Who quotes. Yep, the good old Doctor, a person my family loves and sometimes impersonates, is speaking to me. His words, at times, bring tears to my eyes. I found these quotes here, but I have Googled a number of other ones that might come up in future posts. Somehow, my family members have a soft spot in their hearts for Matt Smith, so these come from his stint as The Doctor.

"The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”
~ The Doctor, Season 5, Episode 12

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”
~ The Doctor, Season 6, Episode 6

“Letting it get to you. You know what that’s called? Being alive. Best thing there is. Being alive right now is all that counts.”
~ The Doctor, Season 6, Episode 4

“There’s a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive… wormhole refractors… You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.”
~ The Doctor, Season 6, Episode 6

We all need a hand to hold now, don't we?

What is The Doctor saying to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status