Simple Reminder

Over at HuffPost Parents, Oren Miller (stay at home dad and blogger) does a nice job of telling us what he knows. Miller has Stage 4 lung cancer, which means that he most likely doesn't have long to live. He's written a beautiful, compelling, from-the-heart post that reminds us to live in the moment because those moments can be cut short or even taken away.

We need to be reminded of that fact. Often. And since you're all my friends, I'm taking it upon myself to remind you.

You KNOW what I'm going to say, right? (I guess I don't need to say it then.) Well I will anyway.

Do not wait until dire circumstances arise to live your life the way you want to. (I'm not saying that Miller did that.) You need to take up the bucket list before it becomes a bucket list. (I'm not only predictable...I'm repetitive. I'm CERTAIN I've said this all before.)

Kiss your partner in the rain if you so desire.

Play with your children instead of doing the dishes.

Make snow angels with the neighbors.

Write that novel you've got brewing in your brain.

Learn Mandarin.

Go bungee jumping or sky diving.

Travel the seven seas.

Live every moment as if that moment were your last moment. With joy. With good intentions. With love.

Comments

Tanstaafl said…
Yes, you should definitely learn mandarin. All the cool kids are doing it. Yes. Yes

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status