Receipt Paper and Spinach

Those two items are what I need from the store today, but I know that if I don't write them down, I'll likely forget them. With four kids, a husband, two jobs, and several hobbies, if I don't make a list of what I need to do or what to get, it won't get done or bought.

I never used to be this way. In college, I rarely used my calendar. I could remember due dates of all the projects and assignments I had, plus what time I needed to be at work. I could throw in a social engagement or two and still be fine. My memory was so sharp.


I wonder sometimes if my inability to remember everything is simply a consequence of a full plate or if, like my mother, I'm on my way to dementia. I have no way of knowing, and no plans to fixate on the possibility that I might become like her. Worrying never did anyone any good.

In the meantime, I'll continue with the lists and hope that I don't lose them!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Memory loss like that is normal as you age. I was the same way when I was in the army and college, then... BAM! I turned thirty, and it all started to go away. But most people go through that with age whether dementia is in their future or not.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status