Excuse me, I have to burp!

I have been to the doctor's office three times within the span of 8 days. That isn't as bad as it sounds, since one visit was for a well check, another for some shots, and the third, because Melina wasn't feeling well and needed to be seen.

Well, on the shot visit, I had the forethought to call and see if Zoe could be seen by the doctor. Normally, a visit for shots is simply a nurse visit. The doctor had time, so we saw her. What were Zoe's symptoms? Pretty much nothing. She had complained about a headache (which was now gone). She had a sore throat for one day (and that wasn't the day she had it). The previous Friday, she just didn't feel well. The child is almost 7. Usually, I don't take her in unless it is clear something is amiss. But, we were headed in for the shot, so why not kill two birds with one stone? Good thing we did, as she was diagnosed with strep! Who knew? Mother of the year, I am not.

Not more than 5 days later, and I am calling the doctor regarding Melina. Why? Because she just wasn't herself. She caught a cold on Saturday evening, and by Monday evening, was crying much of the night. Melina really doesn't cry (seriously) so we figured she needed some medical attention. Cause of said crying? An "eardrum that is bulging!" Again, I'll win no awards for not realizing that one.

Because of the germs that have taken residence in the house, I am trying to wipe up the house with bleach, and to have the necessary analgesics at hand. We had some generic infant acetaminophen in the house, but I asked Tim to pick up some generic infant ibuprofen, just in case. The doctor has said either one is fine, but don't alternate, as some people prescribe. Talia saw the box on the counter this morning, and proudly said (this coming from a first-grader that really is a good reader): "That box says Infants burp often." I swallowed my guffaw, and helped her sound out Infants' Ibuprofen. She laughed and skipped away.

Comments

TamiJ said…
Great guess on reading the box! I love it!!

Hey, I'm the same type of mom. I figure their little bodies need to work hard to get that acquired immunity built up. Plus, most illnesses are better after you sleep on it. I don't want my kids to go running to the doc every time they get the sniffles. I'm an ibuprofen fan myself but with other symptoms I use nothing but homeopathic meds. I feel they are safer and just as affective as the normal over the counter stuff.

Good luck with the sickies in your house!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status