Funny Random Things

We hadn't done a good job grocery shopping for a bit, so on Sunday, I finally went to the store. Well, in the bakery department, this older gentleman was staring at me. He looked at the cart, then me, then the cart. Very nicely, he asked, "How many people do you have to feed with all that food?" I laughed and told him I had 4 kids (only Talia was with me at the time). He laughed, too, and just shook his head. As I left the area I said, "I have to feed them, you know?!?" He agreed and flashed a big smile.

The other day while Melina was sleeping and the girls were playing, Aaron decided it was time to talk science. Science to Aaron isn't simply rocks or leaves. This conversation revolved around quarks. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to talk about quarks when I was 5.

The college called yesterday and asked if I'd be interested in going full-time for a quarter, starting this Fall. They have an annually contracted faculty position that needs filling for the interim, until the job can be posted. In my head, I laughed at them. Do they really think you can pull together good childcare in such a short time?!? I thanked them for thinking of me, but declined the position. [I might come to regret that decision, but we'll see...]

Melina has hit the point in her life where she thinks the solution is to throw herself on the ground and cry. Tim and I look at one another and chuckle each time it happens. You have to give her credit for trying, but she will eventually learn that being number 4 has its disadvantages (and advantages, too, but that is for another post).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status