Way Back When Melina Was A Kid

Aaron, Melina, and I went to the running shoe store yesterday. I needed a new pair of shoes, and my coupon would have expired in a couple of days. The kids like to go there because the store has a bus they can play with. All smiles inside the store, as I tried my shoes on.

We got back into the car, and, since we all like to listen to music, I had the radio adjusted to a local music station. First up from the radio -- Toad the Wet Sprocket. I can't remember exactly which song, but it was probably All I Want. I associate that song (and others by them) mostly with my college days.

Melina listened to just a few lines and piped up from the back seat:

Mom! When I was a kid, I really liked this song. When I was a
kid.

Apparently, I say that alot when we listen to the radio.

***
I returned home from work this morning to find out the latest gem to come out of Melina's mouth. Brooke relayed to me what happened.

Melina: Are you a mommy, Brooke?
Brooke: No, I am not.
Melina: Are you just pretending to be a girl then?

Brooke has cared for the little lady since she was about 4 months old, so she has heard many of the funny things that come out of Melina's mouth. I think this one, so far, takes the cake!

Comments

Kelsey said…
Love this age for the talking. LOVE. Melina is shaping up to be a hilarious little girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status