Slacker!

A faithful reader from the North called me a slacker today. Yes, my lovely and talented, possessor of one child sister said it in jest, but in some ways, she might be right.

I just ate my soup while I finished up the novel I was reading. I could have taken bites of my lunch while chopping the vegetables for stir-fry. Slacker!

I read a couple of books to Melina while we had a tea party today. I didn't get to the store to get materials for Aaron's birthday or the salad dressing the kids like. Slacker!

After putting Melina in her room for a nap, I threw one load of laundry in the dryer and started another load to wash. I might have already had those loads done last night, but I helped the girls start their book reports. Slacker!

I am betting that I can come up with at least another handful of decisions I made today that could potentially be considered slacking. But most of my audience, including the faithful reader from the North, is trying to juggle many, many things throughout the day. And if I had made the decisions in the opposite direction -- chopping vegetables while eating lunch, going to the store, and doing the laundry last night -- I'd be worse than a slacker. I'd be a neglectful parent. I might even be a neglectful parent with only 4 fingers on one hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status