Look Alikes

Most people know that I have been blessed with identical twins.  I've written about my life with them before.  They are a constant source of pride and amusement.  Most people also know that these identical twins look very much alike.  Yeah, I know that is the definition of identical.  But I went to school with a couple of sets of identical twins, two of which could easily be discerned.  Zoe and Talia are often confused for one another, and except for their glasses' frames and stripes in their hair, many people can't tell them apart.

Yesterday, Melina and I were looking at some of our homemade ornaments.  There are quite a few that the kids made at school when they were young.  These ornaments have the kids' pictures, and it was apparent very early that the only one Melina could identify was Aaron.

Melina:  Mom, who is this?  [She held up the ornament for me to see.]
Me:  Well, who do you think it is.
Melina:  [Leaning in real close.] Uh, who do you think it is? [Her emphasis there.]
Me:  [Laughing] Melina, I know who it is.  Can you tell?
Melina:  No.
Me:  You can't tell the difference between  your sisters?
Melina:  Uh mom, there is no stripe.
Me:  Oh.  Well then, read the back of the ornament.  

The child can't quite read yet, but she can identify her name as well as those of her siblings (and the words the and little).  So, she read the back of the ornament, which said Talia on it, and skipped on her way. 

The question is, will Melina ever be able to tell the girls apart? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status