Rude Awakening

I've posted before about breakfast table conversations.  I find that I need to keep my computer handy because the things that come out of the kids' mouths at that time of the morning are often things I just don't want to forget.  This morning was no exception.

Zoe:  Melina, what are you going to do when you grow up?
Melina:  What?
Aaron:  What are you going to do?  What kind of job are you going to have?
Melina:  I am going to be a princess.
Talia:  You can't be a princess.  You need a job.
Melina:  Well, you know something?  There are real princesses around here.

I didn't pipe up, but I certainly would like to know about whom she is talking.  The only princess I see is her, and we are trying our best not to raise her that way, if you know what I mean. The day she realizes that her siblings are telling her the truth, that she cannot just be a princess, and that she actually needs a job, well, that will certainly be her awakening day.  Remind me not to be here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status