Merry Christmas!

When I was a child, one thing meant Christmas: The Muppets and John Denver.



Yep, that's right. This classic from 1979 jumped into my mind the other day, and I haven't been able to shake it. The first time my older sister and I watched it, we loved it. And every time it ran in the following years, we loved it even more. Once our little sister came along, we introduced her to it (I believe), but I don't think she holds the same fond feelings for this masterpiece.

The video is long--a full 51 minutes, so I don't expect you to watch the entire thing. So I pulled out the song that Gina and I would sing the most: Christmas is Coming.


If nothing else this Christmas, sit back, relax, and have a good laugh at the video. Or imagine two pajama-clad little girls with long hair and spaces between their teeth, walking around a 1970s-decorated house, singing at the top of their lungs. It's a great memory for me to have, and one that I'll treasure as long as I remember it.

Merry Christmas, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status