Miscommunication

I love the Little Man, but there are times when he reminds me of another guy in the house who tends to be forgetful...
Me: Aaron, where is your lunchbox? [Last week, he'd left it in his math classroom overnight.]
Aaron: Just a minute...here it is.
Me: Thanks.
Aaron: Uh, I didn't eat my sandwich because I had pizza.
Me: Why did you have pizza?
Aaron: It was the pizza party.
Me: You didn't tell me you were having a pizza party.
Aaron: Oh.
Me: What was this pizza party for?
Aaron: Well, it was for different things, but I had pizza because I won the spelling bee.
Me: You didn't tell me you won the spelling bee, either.
Aaron: Oh.
Me: Yeah, Oh.
Congrats on the spelling bee, honey. Let's make sure you remember to tell me when you win that Nobel Prize.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Detours Just Aren't Worth It