Nighttime Nuisances

The four-legged animals really miss Tim when he is away. The cats yowl and the dog mopes; Shadow has been following me around just about every minute of the day. Since I usually go to bed earlier than Tim (who doesn't?), I have been letting the dog go out and do his business a bit earlier than his usual time.

So, this morning, at 1:46 am, the dog needed to go out. Melina was sleeping across me, so the both of us crept quietly down the stairs and let the dog out. I really don't like being woken up by any animal, and to have to come downstairs is considered, by me, to be a nuisance.

Well, that isn't even the half of it. I think I was just about falling asleep again when my eyes popped open, and then I heard a cough. What came next is NOT what I wanted to hear. Two little feet ran down the hallway, and Talia stuck her head in the door: "Mom, dude just spit up!"

Thanks. I know not to shoot the messenger, but I was about ready to do just that. I crept out of bed (thank goodness Melina was snuggled up to a pillow) and headed down the hall. On the bed, there was a pile of foodstuffs, and unlike what Tim would do, I will not go into how it looked or smelled. However, since Tim is usually the cleanup guy when GI problems arise (thanks, Tim!), I was really out of practice.

I ushered the girls into Aaron's room, made a bed on the floor of Aaron's room for Aaron himself, checked the kids to be sure no changes of clothes were needed, and got Aaron a bowl. I neglected to have the kid brush his teeth, but I did ask if he was okay. He actually seemed fine.

I then went to tackle the girls' room. All the stuffed animals were unscathed and went in their bins. I stripped the bed and lysoled the mattress. I even managed to put the laundry in the machine, all before 3 am! I contemplated staying awake, but thought better of it.

I am hoping that no one else has any trouble before Tim comes home. It dawned on me that Aaron had eaten a huge amount of pepperoni at dinnertime, and perhaps the grease was the problem. Let's imagine that is the case. If not, you'll hear about it!

Comments

Kelsey said…
Harper just threw up a few minutes ago - doesn't seem to be any justice in both our kiddos being sick when we haven't even seen each other!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status