Nature Vs. Nurture

I am a big proponent of both nature and nurture. I think they both have an effect on a person's development. I just wanted to say that.

Melina, being the fourth child, has no chance in terms of letting her nature stand out, considering all the nurturing going on around here.

Case in point:

Lately, Melina has been adding the letter Y to her words. Instead of card, she'll say cardy, or instead of gum, gummy. She also likes to say real words that end in the letter Y, such as mommy, daddy, puppy, kitty, ready, etc.

She has grown up, all 2 years of it, around people who like to sing. (Not me. I like good and bad 80s music, and I hope that rubs off onto her or at least settled itself on one of the chromosomes I donated to her). Tim sings, the girls sing, and Aaron hums. Silence is not to be found around here.

Having Aaron for an older brother has been good, and bad. He is a great influence when it comes to teaching her how to build something, or draw something, or helping her read a book. On the other hand, the kid has a potty mouth sometimes (at least according to my standards) and he loves blood and gore.

This all comes together in the song Melina was singing yesterday, with a naked Barbie in hand:

She's gonna wear guts in the bummy!
Oh yeah.
She's a boy and has a penisy!
Oh yeah.
She's gonna sit on the potty!
Oh yeah.
She's got peanuts in her bummy!
Oh yeah.


?!?

The other 3 would have found this hilarious, had they been at home. I found it quite amusing myself. But I had to wonder...if Melina has been born first, would this lovely song have come out of that mouth? I'll never know, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status