Bits of Randomness

The girls showed me this little video last night. If you like Fred Rogers and all of the things he stood for, you'll probably enjoy the video as well. Just remember that you, yes you, have a garden in your mind. And so does your neighbor, your grandma, your child. Cultivate the garden, don't kill it.

***

Yesterday afternoon, Melina and I sat around the dining room table working on our own respective projects. I had kidney lectures to review, and she had dolls to dress up. The dolls, in this instance, were on the tablet, and she must have spent a very long time placing new dresses, crowns, and gloves on the virtual princesses. Melina quickly learned which buttons to push, and how to get back to the beginning. Then, she figured out how to use the memory game and the painting app. I managed to finish up my lecture, and all was right with the world.

***

I looked up at my white board the other morning and realized that my good friend's due date was quickly approaching. March 13, 2013, was written in black. Holy cow! I managed to get in a decent sized call to her yesterday. It was good to hear her voice, and it made me realize how grateful I am for good old friends. And I don't mean old as in age, but in those who have known you for a while.

***

I signed up for another writing class. This time, the class will focus on Characters. I had toyed with taking a Craft of Writing class, but I am picking up the craft at my twice a month meetings with the writing group, and the Character class fit into the schedule better. I'd like to make Laney, Harvey, Cecilia, Daniel, and a whole bunch of other characters that sit with me each day as real as Melina is. I think it will be a lot of work, but worth it.

***

Toe splints, even flexible ones, are painful. I woke up in the middle of the night, my great toe throbbing. Maybe I'm not supposed to wear the splint at night, but I have for the past couple of nights just to keep it safe from the cat that sleeps upon our bed. I'll try something different this evening. But let me reiterate: learn from my mistakes and walk away from the person wielding a sharp instrument. Or, pretend that you faint from even the easiest procedures and insist on Lidocaine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status