Impatient

According to Merriam Webster, the word impatient means:
1a : not patient : restless or short of temper especially under irritation, delay, or opposition 
b : intolerant 1 impatient of delay
2 : prompted or marked by impatience an impatient reply
3 : eagerly desirous : anxious impatient to get home
I find myself severely impatient these days, and yes, I just utilized an adverb. Remember, I like adverbs. I won't overuse them, but I will continue to subtly force them under your nose (or not).
 
Anyway, I find myself impatient to:
Get my run in
Get my school work finished
Get the house cleaned
Do the grocery shopping
I rush through:
Checking email
Folding laundry
Proofreading exams
Brushing teeth (yikes!)
 
All because of writing.

I have pushed the fast forward button on life so that I can sit and chat with a handful of characters, who thankfully remind me that living life in the fast lane is no way to live.  

So I am trying to be patient.

Didn't I already say that once before?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status