Five

Five years. Half a decade. One quarter of two decades. Five years of a lifetime that could reach one hundred and beyond. A blip in the number of revolutions around the sun that compose a lifetime, really. That's Melina. Right now. Today.

I thought all of that this morning, when I walked into Melina's room and viewed her face, full of smiles and bright eyes. She waved at me, blew me a kiss, and asked, "Am I five now, Mommy?" When I responded in the affirmative, she clenched her fists and trembled with excitement. Why? I'm not sure. She is just excited to be 5.

And I'm excited to watch her. To see Melina blossom as the years tick by, to grow from our little peanut into a willowy tree. To view the phases she has yet to go through, see if the princesses will always be her friends, or if someday, she'll find her niche at Fashion Week. I'm excited when I think about who she is now and who she will be tomorrow, next week, five years from now and more.

Happy Birthday, Melina!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status