Silver Liquid Drops

We returned from a vacation on June 30 and I swear it has been raining since then. This weather isn't normal for our area. In fact, usually by this time, the grass begins to brown and the flowers begin to wilt for want of water. Last year, we mowed the lawn 4 times total. This year, our number will be much higher (provided it eventually stops raining).

And while I am not a fan of rain (4 kids inside all day going stir crazy makes me a bit loopy) I headed out this morning, in the light rain, for a long run. The light rain stopped at one point, and then it started up again, in earnest. I avoided the deluge, but by the time I returned, I was completely soaked. My hat dripped onto the foyer rug and the bath towel I used to soak up the rain became quite damp. I felt great, energized, cold, but refreshed. So I had to find a quote, one that summed up my feelings at that moment, about the rain. Because it wouldn't be long that I'd find myself looking out the window, whispering for the rain to move along and come back another day. Here it is:
Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status