Funny Things Said By Kids

As a mom of four, my standard uniform consists of stretchy pants, nursing tank, and cardigan sweatshirt. If shoes are on, they are an old pair of running shoes. The sweatshirt usually has some form of food on the left shoulder, and the pants, even if they are right out of the dryer, have an old stain on them. Comfortable, but fashionista, I am not. I might dress up just a bit for teaching in the evening, but even then, if the lab calls for dissecting a sheep brain, I often leave for school wearing jeans or stretchy pants.

I came home the other night and peeked in the girls' room. I hadn't seen them before I left for school, so they didn't know what I was wearing to teach in that night. It had been a warm afternoon, so I chose a 10-year old pair of summer khaki's, an old white tank top, and a breezy, navy, V-neck tunic that didn't actually belong to me (yes, I still have that, Tara...sorry!). A step up from the standard uniform.

Imagine my surprise when Zoe said, "Mom, do you have to get all fancy when you go to work?"

***

Yesterday, on the walk home from church, Aaron stopped on a pothole that had been filled in. He said, "Look! I'm a pothole-der!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status