What Is New In Your World?

Shadow is a good buddy and part of the family. The kids love him, I love him when he isn't barking or jumping, and Tim just thinks his first pet is cool. The poor dog had an adenoma removed from his leg last week. Let us hope that our 2nd redhead has many happy years ahead of him. Just so you know, an adenoma is benign. The biopsy was sent off to be read, and if it is cancer, it will be termed adenocarcinoma. What then? We'll cross that bridge if we have to. Enough of the biology lesson.

***

Melina is pulling up anywhere she can: bookcases, ottomans, couches, tables, steps. [I don' t get much done these days, inbetween checking to see where Melina is and that she is not trying to pull over the various pieces of furniture.] Each time she pulls herself up, she smiles and waits for applause. She actually knows how to put herself back down, pretty gracefully, too. My favorite thing she does right now, though, is spin around in a 360 degree circle on her belly. Over and over and over...making her own crop circles. On the tile or wood floor, she can really get some speed. If her siblings are around, Melina will do this for I can't tell you how long. Again with a smile on her face. Waiting for applause.

***

I teach 2 classes: one is in-person, the other on-line. I utilize the internet quite a bit for both, obviously relying on it for the on-line class. When I was first hired by the college, we used the Blackboard web applications, but have converted to what is called the Angel system (another web application). Both of the applications are good, but frustrating. They allow me to do what I need to do: post items, view grades on-line, check email.

But each time we either 1. switch web applications (like going from Blackboard to Angel) or 2. upgrade Angel (going from 7.0 to 7.2) there is a learning curve involved. I don't mind learning, but my time to learn is limited, you know? Imagine how much I rolled my eyes when I just found out that not only are we upgrading to Angel 7.4 in 2010, but that Blackboard just acquired Angel. Can you see us going back to Blackboard at some point? How funny.

***
And, I ran 7 miles last weekend! In one run, I mean. I haven't done that since Melina was in utero. It felt great. I can't wait until my long runs mean 10 miles or more.

Comments

Kelsey said…
Chris,

How is Shadow???? Maybe you mentioned it again already and I didn't realize. I hope all is okay.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of you soon. It's been too long!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status