It's Gonna Be a Long Weekend!

Aaron came home from school yesterday looking wiped out. That means one thing for him -- he is probably sick. Sure enough, after lunch, he took a nap. That is a second sign that things are not going well. Part-way into his nap, I realized he had a fever. Fevers and vomiting go hand in hand for Aaron, so I gave him some ibuprofen and hoped for the best. I don't know if his vomiting episode from the other day is connected with this fever, but I am guessing even if no one else vomits, someone will get a fever. Needless to say, everyone except me is still in their pajamas at 1:33 pm on a Saturday. We really have nowhere to go, so being sick this weekend is probably the better pick than any other. And if we don't make it to mass, well, I hope God will understand.

So I started cranking the girls' expanders yesterday. I turned them 5 times within the span of an hour. They took the cranking really well, and seem to be doing okay. This morning, I turned the expander 3 more times; this evening I will do the same. Both Zoe and Talia said to me, after I had turned the respective expander, "I don't see my mouth getting any bigger!" I am guessing they thought it would be an instantaneous change inside their mouths.

Because Aaron hasn't been feeling well, I don't have anything witty from him over the last couple of days. Melina has been coming along well with her words. She yells at Shadow just the other kids do, clearly saying his name (well, it might not be that clear, but it sounds like Sha-ow, which is pretty obvious, I think). She just learned where her elbows are, and also shakes her finger (as if to say No-no) when the song "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" plays on the CD player.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status