April Showers

I have a love-hate relationship with the month of April. Two of my favorite people are born in this month, spring starts to show its lovely face, and warm weather begins. On the other hand, April tends not to be good to us. For proof, revisit this post, if you dare.

Perhaps we are on the every-other-year plan for April, as I don't remember having a tough one last year. This year, it hit us. One of us (or more) has been sick since mid-March, and the germs are pretty tenacious, to say the least. Poor Zoe has fared the worse. She missed an entire week of school, had a temperature that reached 105 degrees at one point, and still hasn't eaten enough to sustain her for very long. Tim's throat has been sore off and on (as has mine and Aaron's) and Melina started the month with antibiotics for a double ear infection and has just gotten through a bout of fever, diarrhea, and vomiting. Too much information? Too bad. Since I don't have help here, I at least get to vent! I am ready for May, to be certain.

***
The girls make their first communions on May 2. I can't wait to post pictures of them in their little dresses. I still need to get some stockings, but we've been prepared for this event for a while. I think the girls are excited for many reasons, one of which is that they get to wear fancy dresses. I bet cake and family have something to do with their excitement, too. We have prepared them with the family communion book that came home with RE, so I am confident that they understand the sanctity of the sacrament, too.

***
Melina's vocabulary is skyrocketing. We saw a chihuahua yesterday. We told her that "it went home, that way". She now walks around saying "Wa-wa, wat way!" Too cute. (I have to admit, in my sleep deprived state, that I could not spell chihuahua and had to look it up.) She also likes to count, although the numbers are not quite in the right order yet (except for 1-2-3).

***
Just to round out the 4, Aaron started spring soccer. Tim is coach again, and I think the both of them are enjoying the time together. We'll post pictures of his game some time, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status