The Running Blues

I am taking my running shoes back to the store tomorrow. I hope they can give me my money back, or at least help me get my money back from Nike. Even if I cannot get my money back from anyone, I cannot run in these shoes again.

From what I can tell, I now have osteitis pubis, which is basically inflammation of the pubic bone (there is a joint there where the two sides of the girdle come together). The last time I felt any pain in my pubic symphysis (or symphysis pubis, if you prefer) was with each pregnancy. Once my hips went back into place sometime after delivery of the kids, the pain in that region went away. Tim was kind enough to do a search for me on the topic. I guessed my shoes were the problem, and indeed, according to these people, "ill-fitting shoes" can be a cause of osteitis pubis.

So out with the Nike. I plan on purchasing a new pair of my old Saucony shoes. In the meantime, I plan on actually resting and not running for a week. Ouch. That will actually hurt everyone, most of all me.

Enough complaints out of me. The spring weather is upon us, and the flowers are in bloom. Potty training is on the horizon, and while this is for another post, so is weaning. What? You have not weaned your child yet? Perhaps that is TMI, but no, I haven't. Any further posts that involve weaning and/or potty training will have flags of warning so that those of you who are grossed out by such issues can avoid reading the posts.

***

Aaron had his kindergarten assessment this week. I had to work, so Tim took him. Parents were not allowed in the screening room. The only thing Aaron told me was that they asked him to count to ten. And so he did. We find out the results in a couple of weeks. I am certain he is ready for kindergarten. But is kindergarten ready for him?!?

***
I started teaching during the day this quarter. I leave at 7:15 am, Brooke (the babysitter) arrives at 8 am, and Tim leaves at that point for the day. I return about 12 noon. Melina and Aaron both benefit from seeing Brooke, as I teach on the days that Aaron is home. They absolutely love her, and every time you mention Brooke's name, Melina says, "funny". I think she means that she has fun with Brooke. To be honest, I think Brooke has fun with Melina, too.

***
Last but not least, a shout out to Tara, who bested her 1/2 marathon time with her second 1/2 marathon. I can't remember any of the numbers, but kudos to her. Thanks to Tara, too, we have a bunch of pictures from Easter/Ava birthday we can post next time.

Comments

T said…
Hey thanks for the kudos Stina! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status