Go Figure

The day after I say I am taking a summer hiatus, I post something. Go figure. I haven't used that term in a long time. It reminds me of my high school days. Speaking of which, my high school is having a very informal 20 year reunion in June. I looked at the people who were not attending. Those are the people I would like to see. Therefore, I think I, too, will decline. For those of you not in the know, I did not enjoy high school. I had a handful of good friends, and more than a handful of good times, but I had a tough time walking into that school every day. But that is another story.

The reason I logged on is because Melina is singing at the top of her lungs in her bed. She is supposed to be napping. We'll see where it goes. Right now, she is making me laugh. I sort of hope she doesn't sleep so that I can keep listening to her over the monitor. What is she singing?

"THE VERY LAST RESORT, THE VERY LAST RESORT, THE V-E-RRRRRR-Y L-AAAAAAAST RE-SOOOOOORT!"

I don't know why. Again, go figure.

Melina has (as usual) also been making me laugh during the day. She puts together a quadruple scoop ice cream cone with her play food, sets it on the table, puts a spoon with it and says, "Mommy. Go ahead. Eat your full stocking pantry." This is not a go figure moment. She of course means fully stocked pantry, an idea she got from a Scooby-Doo book we have (The Cupcake Caper, in case you are interested). Apparently, she really doesn't understand what those words mean. On the other hand, perhaps she does. In my ideal world, a fully stocked pantry would include a load of ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status