Spreads Like A Virus

Melina has the coxsackie virus. She is pretty miserable when not under the influence of Ibuprofen. And, she is contagious. So taking her to the pool today -- the only really good pool day we've had in a very long time -- was out. Thankfully, we joined the same pool that many of our friends have also joined. One mom called and said she'd watch Zoe, Talia, and Aaron at the pool as long as I dropped them off. Done deal.

When I went to pick them up, I ran into a mom with whom I am a casual acquaintance. She asked how Melina was doing. I spoke briefly with her, and moved on to find the kids. Next mom up, same thing. And the next mom, she also inquired about Melina. Apparently, word spreads as fast around here as the virus might! I know these ladies, and they all have kids older than Melina, and I know they were just concerned. But it reminded me not to mention my deepest, darkest secrets to them anytime soon!

Comments

Kelsey said…
Yikes - word does spread quickly! I hope she's feeling better very soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status