How Hot Are You?

That isn't meant the way it looks.

Remember the thermometer I bought Tim for Christmas? It is an infrared one, and it has a laser. The laser can be turned on and off, and is really only there to show you what you are aiming the thermometer at. (I just ended that sentence with a preposition, AND I will not correct it.) This week, we've pretty much measured the temperature of everything (all in degrees Fahrenheit).

The inside of Tim's mouth? 94 degrees.
The backsplash in the kitchen? 65 degrees.
The tile floor in the kitchen? 68 degrees.
Zoe's forehead? 97 degrees.
Aaron's eyeball? 88 degrees.
The scrambled eggs? 87 degrees (and cooling quickly).
The ice cream in the freezer? Zero degrees.
The metal back of the oven (preheated to 300): 313 degrees.

I could go on. The kids have had a blast, although both Tim and I have had to remind them that it isn't a toy. (Isn't it, though?) And, this thing is so handy. This evening, I was making Naan and needed to make sure the milk was heated to a certain temperature. I quickly grabbed the thermometer and found out that the milk was 167 degrees, and in need of cooling.

I plan on sending these thermometers out to the people I love. Nerd or not, I think everyone will love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status