Second Meeting

I know not all of you care about how I fare at my writer's workshop, but enough of you do.  So I'll try to report each week, if I have the time.

I went under the gun last night, so to speak.  I had my story critiqued by 5 other people and I lived to tell about it.  In fact, I was energized by the experience, and I wanted to come home and make changes.  Unfortunately, I did not have the time to do so.  Either way, I took enough notes and worked a bit on it today so that I pulled some of those changes to the forefront of my mind.  I need to find a good block of time just to think about what the people said, in order to figure out where my story is going.  Their suggestions could pull things one way or another, and to be honest, I don't know which direction I'd like to go.

I'd love to go on about the moderator, but I am too tired to do so.  But I will say that she is fantastic.  It is a cool thing, for lack of a better description, to have a published and well-read author in the midst.  Her tweaks and suggestions were spot-on, and they made me realize how I can look at my own writing and make it better.  Two meetings, and already, I've learned a ton.  I can't ask for anything more, but I have a feeling I will be getting it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status