Updates

Talia saw the surgeon on Friday.  The man deftly and swiftly pulled out the earring back from her lobe, without the use of any medication.  He had swabbed the area with Betadyne and swathed his hands in gloves before touching her, of course.  He made it look easy.  I said, "Boy, did I really need to come in here?  Why couldn't I do that at home?"  He looked at me kindly and said, "Oh, you did all the work when you messed with it."  He might have been trying to make me feel better, and that is fine.  The surgeon did go on to say that he has had to put several patients under general anesthesia to get out earrings, they were so far embedded in the lobe.  Yikes!

***
Ferdinand has had several blood glucose readings that are promising.  That should be good news.  However, his legs are very weak, and his bowel and bladder problems continue.  Tim and I know that the time has come.  We just need to decide whether we want to do it before school is out or after. 

***
We all attended a wedding last night, for one of Tim's baseball teammates.  We had a nice time, mostly because the kids were occupied, which left Tim and I the capability to mingle.  What occupied the kids?  A photo booth.  They came home with a total of 63 strips from the photo booth, with some hilarious pictures.  I'll have to see if we can scan some in.

***
And finally, we have a rainy and dreary Mother's Day here, and the cat woke me up at 6 am.  I am NOT going to let any of that ruin my day.  I hope nothing ruins yours.  A special Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status