On Writing

Dear Mr. King:

I picked up your memoir, On Writing, from the library, and read it with rapt attention.  You are as good at writing non-fiction as you are fiction, which just means I am more in awe of you.

I agreed with many of the points you raised, and will find them useful when I am working on the drafts of my manuscript(s).

I did stumble at one point, though.  You said, and I paraphrase here, that a draft should take about 3 months to write.  If only, I thought.  And then I realized my easy solution.  If you would care to come out and take care of my children (it is okay if you scare them a bit with the bedtime stories), I would be able to get my draft accomplished.

Thank you for writing, for your insight, and for taking the time to read my letter.

Sincerely,
Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status