Saturday Muffins

The kids wanted bagels, so bagels, they would get...

I stood in front of the case that held the bagels, donuts, and muffins. My hand reached in to grab the plain and sesame bagels that sat there, lined up like tires behind the plastic door. Covered in tissue, my fingers grazed the side of a muffin as I picked up the last of the dozen bagels I planned on purchasing.

The muffin, green as the spring grass, called to me, so I squinted to look at the name: Pistachio Muffin. Well that explained the green.

I took the muffin home, set it on the counter, and realized, just how green the muffin was. No way on God's green earth this green came from natural sources.

I felt the urge to cut it open...


Despite the color, I also felt the urge to eat it...

I'm not sure how many chemicals would have constituted the list of ingredients, but I can tell you this: of the three people in our household who tried this muffin, all of them found it tasty. But I have to say that I wouldn't mind if the baker decided to lay low on the artificial coloring.

Comments

T said…
Whoa. But yum!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status