The Pull of the Words

I thought about not writing today, but realized that on a day when my responsibilities are fewer, that I should take the time to put some words down somewhere. I truly believe that blogging as much as I have has made me a better writer, so why ignore the pull when I have the time?

It's good I have the time because I've been doing a lot of thinking about 2016 lately. I can't be sure what it will bring--for me, my family, my folks, or my students. I don't possess a crystal ball after all (and I wouldn't want one anyway). But over the last several days I realized that 2015 was the year that I needed to purge myself of some very negative feelings that had managed to take root and fester for years. (If you go back and look at my blog, or if you've been following my year, you know exactly what I mean.) And while I tried to be somewhat diplomatic in my writing, so as not to specifically call out certain people in particular, it was very apparent in some cases who I was writing about.

I'm okay with that. This is my blog. I get to say what I want. These are my feelings, and no one else's. And I've come to understand that writing is what gets me through the day to day lunacy that sometimes describes my life.

But this year, I'm going to try my very best to write differently. Not all the time, mind you, as I'm sure I'll need to vent at times still. I'm always up to a new challenge and so along with my writing goals of revision, when I post, I'd like to try to put a positive spin on those anecdotes. And if I cannot do that, then I at least pledge to write about some warm, positive memories I have of people in my life.

I'm looking forward to sharing those memories. I hope you're looking forward to reading them.

Comments

Tanstaafl said…
Write less. Sleep more. :) 4:44am??!!
Christina said…
And what were you doing up that early?
:)
Tanstaafl said…
Solidifying my position as the more dedicated FRN? ;)
Christina said…
You're all solid! (And because of you people, I might still blog each day. It's a sickness, I tell you!!)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status