The Cup Does Not Runneth Over

Much of my life is an open book. If you have been reading this blog for a while, you probably realize that. There are certain things I don't discuss, such as very personal relationships within my family, but for the most part, I am willing to share my life.

I found out yesterday that I have need for a seamless pair of panties. Why do I need them? That is for a post that will arrive after Saturday. Check back here if you are just dying to find out. My first thought, What in the heck are seamless panties? (Sorry, Tara, but you know how fashion challenged I am. My most fashion forward pair of jeans came from you, remember?) I could imagine what seamless panties are and why you'd wear them, but I had not actually heard the name.

Google came to my rescue, and not only showed me what they were, but where I could go get them. Thank goodness just about any place has them. I strolled on over to a very close department store this morning and asked the elderly saleslady if they indeed had seamless panties. What are those? she asked. My sentiments exactly.

Anyway, we found some seamless panties. I bought 3 pairs, all of which I tried on over my usual cotton panties. (No, I do not wear cotton briefs. They are cotton bikinis. I am a little bit more contemporary than my mom. Sorry, Mom!) They seem to fit fine, and aside from the fact that they are not all cotton, something I prefer, they will suffice. I don't need to wear them all day. (Scandalous?!? Not that it is any of your business, but I will be wearing panties all day, just not the seamless pair. Just wait until next week...it will all become clear.)

While I was at the store, I thought I'd get a couple of new bras. The last time I bought a bra, it was a new nursing bra. I still wear it, although I am not nursing, simply because I don't have any bras that fit (aside from running bras). Of course, the nursing bra doesn't actually fit, either, so oftentimes, I just go without. But sometimes you can't do this, so I planned to try a few bras on. The lady asked my size, and I stumbled with that one. "I think I am somewhere between a 34 A and B," I said. "Well, there isn't anything in between those two," she replied. Duh! I was just saying I was sort of between sizes! It means I need to try on both!

I should not really have been surprised, but only the A cup fit, and just barely. In fact, there is plenty of room to stuff the bra, if I feel so inclined (I don't. This isn't junior high). But I certainly didn't want to head over to the juniors section and find a AA bra. And I had no plans to hit the pharmacy for Band-Aids. (Missed that joke? See a previous post here.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status