Happy Birthday and Other Stuff

Today is Timmy's birthday. He is one year over the hill, but still seems like a kid. He really is my fifth child, and I guess I wouldn't have it any other way. We have the pumpkin and red lentil stew brewing, and the Heath bar brownies in the oven. Unfortunately, Timmy has a soccer meeting tonight, so he might be eating alone!

Melina gave Tim the best birthday present ever yesterday. She asked for him to put her to bed, and he did. She allowed him to go through the whole bedtime routine -- I did not do a thing -- and then she wanted him to rest with her for a bit. She fell asleep within minutes. Tim snuck back into her room when it was his bed time, and she happily woke up with him there. First time in over 3.5 years that the child has allowed that to happen!

***
The other day, I was looking at Talia, and marveling that I had played even a tiny part in her creation. I said to her, "I look at you, and sometimes, I am just amazed by your beauty." She smiled. Without missing a beat, Tim looked at her and said, "I look at you, and sometimes, I just don't know who you are!" We all laughed at that one. Ten years out and sometimes dad still can't tell the girls apart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status