Cards vs. Paper

For years, my car insurance company sent me a little card to put into my glove compartment. It was my proof of insurance, and they sent me a new one every six months. Despite the fact that it was little, I managed to get that card into its rightful spot every time, because it looked like something very official.

Then, I changed insurance companies. And what they send is just another piece of paper in a large pile of papers. I have yet to manage to get the paper into the car without recycling it first. In fact, the last three times the paper arrived, I had to contact my insurance agent for another one, as I threw out, recycled, or re-purposed the other one. And then, it took me weeks to print it out. This year, I have yet to see if the paper gets into my car, and it should--the old policy expired on 8/4/2014.

What's my point? I don't have any, really. I just thought that I'd sit and write about something silly and mundane, considering the last thing I posted here wrenched too many emotions from me. As usual, though, I can use my writing as a reminder. I'm going to head over to the printer now, collect the paper I need, and set it in the kitchen, right on top of my keys. I'm sure it will find it's way into the glove compartment of my car tomorrow. Or at least sometime this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status