Somehow

I can always tell what sort of day it's going to be by what's happening on my computer. Today, I have three internet browser windows open (yes, three completely different windows) with at least six tabs up in each. None of those tabs are repeats. So when I sit down here, in front of my keyboard, I have a complete assault on my eyes from a mere 13-inch screen.

And I don't like it. Those tabs serve as a to-do list, if you will. I need to check my college mail and get back with any students that might (if they're smart they will already have questions, one day in) have a question or concern. I'm in the middle of a search for literary agents who enjoy women's fiction and are looking for debut authors. The garage door needs fixing, the library volunteer list needs tweaking, and I must find out where Aaron's soccer practice is. Not because I need to take him there (Thanks, Tim, for offering to do that.) but because someday I will need to get him there. And why not pile that small and easy task onto the already enormous list of things that must be done in the next 36 hours.

I'm not here to lament my life. It's busy, that's for sure. Most of that chaos I've taken on myself, for one reason or another. And some of it, I will be giving up soon. I'm really just writing this as a reminder to myself, for next year. When the beginning of everyone's school schedule throws me into a tizzy and I'm about ready to pull my hair out. This can be a gentle reminder that each year, the same thing happens, and somehow, I'll manage to get through it.

Somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status