Last Monday Night

(Are you humming the tune to Katy Perry's Last Friday Night? I know I am. I even thought about writing a little parody of that song, but here it is, almost the evening of New Year's Eve, and I have things to do. So I won't.)

Last Monday night, I found myself scrubbing dishes after dinner. Of course, I couldn't find anything abnormal in those actions, considering I'm the certified dish person in this house. But something about the whole mom-doing-dishes was different that night, and it had to do with the addition of a colander that perched on my head.

Why did I have a colander on my head? Those of you who've known me for over 20 years might think I was channeling Harvey, my hippo character. But no, my hat of choice that night was because Melina asked me to wear it. I can't remember why, or what we were pretending, but I do hope that I'll remember (and I hope she does, too) the night that we had fun in the kitchen with colanders on our heads.

And because I certainly don't mind ending a year's worth of thoughts on someone like Melina, we're going to stop the post there.

It's been a great year. I've posted 318 times this year. (Can you even BELIEVE that?) Thanks for putting up with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Detours Just Aren't Worth It