#PitMad: 1

Have you ever heard of #PitMad? Don't worry, I hadn't either until my friend Cindy poked around for ways to catch literary agents' eyes. If you go here, the entire #PitMadness will be explained. In short, you create a pitch for your book (in 140 characters or less). You tweet that pitch, along with the hashtag #PitMad, on a certain day of the year (today would be one of those), and you hope that an agent finds interest in your pitch. If he or she does, that person can request pages, a partial, maybe a full manuscript. The whole process is similar to pitching to an agent in person, but on a quicker and grader scale, and with a little less fear involved.

Well guess what? Cindy convinced me to try my hand at this #PitMad thing, and so I've got a few pitches ready and two manuscripts that are prepped.

Will I get any bites? (This whole scenario seems like fishing to me.) I have no clue. But there's nothing, and I mean nothing, to lose. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status