Tell Me How You Really Feel:12

Last week on a Korean Air flight headed from New York to Seoul, a problem occurred. I'm sure you have heard of this situation already...it's been all over the news. If you haven't read about this yet, simply Google Korean Air and nuts...you'll find several pertinent articles.

Apparently (and I hope to get most of the facts, as reported, correct here), Cho Hyun-ah, who is a vice president in charge of Korean Air's in-flight services (and daughter of the company's chairman), was on that flight. Of course, she sat in first class. Of course, first class customers have come to expect certain perks. When a flight member served her macadamia nuts in a bag--as opposed to on a plate--Cho Hyun-ah decided to ah, go a little nuts. (Sorry, other people have said the same thing, and really, it's an appropriate pun here.)

Her actions that day led to a delay in departure of the flight, and eventually the ejection of a crew member. Wondering why? Supposedly, flight members are supposed to ask if the customer would like to be served. And as I stated already, I guess in first class, you don't get bags. That action would be like serving chips to your friends straight out of the bag, or not putting beer into a mug and simply using the bottle. We do that all the time here at our house, but we also don't fly first class.

I'm not here to comment on much. Were Cho Hyun-ah's actions those of a prima donna? Yes, I think so. But I encounter people like that all the time, and most of the time, I roll my eyes and move on to more significant issues. What I'm more worried about with this circumstance is the fact that most people don't find those nuts worth mentioning. As a friend of a child who has nut allergies, I'd focus less on the person and more on the nuts. Keeping the nuts in the bag might have offended one person, but those actions might have protected more than one person on that flight. Let's focus on the important things, people, like the health and well-being of everyone.

Just my thoughts, just telling you how I really feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status