Closet Fan

There are many things I love that tend to get pushed back into the closet. Any song by Asia, Air Supply, or Neil Diamond qualifies. My love for little kids' clothes-- which involves me wearing them -- is another one. That sounds a little creepy, but manufacturers make the largest kid size pretty big these days, so if I think it can pass as something an adult would wear (or not), I might just purchase it. Case in point: I am writing this while wearing pink fleece pajamas with polar bears, trees, and snowflakes on them.

Anyway, Melina and I stumbled down the stairs this morning, Sunday, at 5:15 am. The only thing I love at that time of the morning is a good cup of coffee (it is sitting next to me right now). Due to the early hour, her request for watching a little television was granted. At some point, between shows, Steven Burns and Steven Drozd came on, singing I Hog the Ground (The Groundhog Song). You can find it on You Tube, if you'd like to hear it, but your best bet might be to get it here. Doesn't the picture below just make you want to know what the song sounds like?!? Okay, maybe not, but indulge me here, or go back to work.

I loved Blue's Clues while Steve was on it, and I actually love hearing this song. I have seen this clip several times on the television, and each time I hear the song, I smile. Steve and the kids (and Steven Drozd -- from the Flaming Lips -- another great band) bounce around and sing about the ground, the groundhog, and the color brown. The song gets the kids moving, and it gets me moving, which is pretty important when you get up before dawn every day.

So, I'll be shelving my insane love of this song in the closet. Unlike some people, I will at least admit to these fancies, and not just in a pseudo-anonymous arena such as this blog. For my next birthday, if you'd like to get me an album by these guys, even if the CD is a bunch of kids' songs, I'll relish it.

Comments

Kelsey said…
Chris! My favorite thing about the blog is learning fun things like this about you... I liked Steve but I didn't hold it against Joe. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status