Have I Called You Lately?

No. I have done no phone calling lately, Reader. It isn't that I don't want to catch up on what is happening in your parts of the world, it is just that I don't feel like calling and then complaining. About what, you ask? I don't think you actually need to ask. What keeps cropping up on this lovely blog every month or so? What seems to schedule itself with regularity, much like a woman's cycle? (Sorry, I just could not resist.) A virus. A germ. A sickness. Yes, we've got another one! Here's the rundown on this one:

1. Most people in the house have had a mild sore throat for the last
couple of days.
2. Melina woke up on Tuesday morning feeling warm. She was okay, but not her usual self, and as the day progressed, she was feeling downright hot. We made it through yesterday, thanks to acetominophen and the television.
3. About 11 o'clock last night, Melina's fever spiked, and the medicine I had just given her came back up.
4. At 3 o'clock this morning, Melina was sleeping peacefully, but Tim informed me that Talia had just thrown up.
5. At 5:45 am, Melina lost whatever is left in her all over my pajamas. I am so glad I hadn't changed into work clothes yet.

I have been looking at our situation from every angle. I make an attempt to keep things relatively clean and germ free. We all try to wash our hands properly, especially after coming home from school, church, and the grocery store. We don't share spoons or cups. We must be encountering different strains of the same virus, because all of this bouncing around between sicknesses is just nonsense. Tara said it best this morning, when I called to vent. Upon hearing that 2 of the kids were sick, again, her reply? "Shut the front door!" Love that one...it put a smile on my face.

I'm not laughing, but I am not crying, either. I am trying to figure out what I am supposed to learn from our unhealthy winter here. Patience? Got that one. Tim and I are the epitome of patience when it comes to holding children's heads over buckets or throwing that 30th load of laundry in. Compassion? Think we have that, too. Gratitude? Perhaps. We probably should be thankful that these acute illnesses are all we need to deal with and that we essentially have 4 healthy and happy children. Thank goodness 4 is all we have. Any more, and I am certain our house would need to be quarantined!

Comments

T said…
This is really funny and I mean that in a relating to you as a mom way. Speaking of mom, glad we could mother each other this morning LOL
Christina said…
Thanks. And I also am glad we could fill in.
Kelsey said…
Again - sorry about all the sick! We miss you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status