The Talk: Part II

Question and answer time with Zoe and Talia.

Zoe: Why do you have so many sperm cells?
Me: Because they have to make such a long trip, most of them die before they even get to the egg.

Me: How big are they [sperm cells]?
Me: They're tiny. You'd need a microscope to see them.

Then the girls asked whether or not I can feel them wriggling as they, um, leave me. I don't think the word "ejaculate" is part of their vocabulary yet. No, I answered, they're so small I don't feel their tails swishing or anything.

Z&T weren't clear on how long sperm cells persisted. I explained that three different packets (didn't know what else to call them) of sperm cells that were delivered at three different times were involved in making them, Aaron, and Melina.

Talia: So, nine months before Melina was born, you and mommy did it?
Me: Yes, we did.
Talia: But we were ALIVE then!

Zoe: So do you do it in the bathroom?
Me: No, we don't.
Zoe: In the water?
Me: No. Some people do, but not mommy and me.
Zoe: In your room?
Me: Yes, there.
Talia: When?
Me: After you guys go to bed.
Talia: But when, exactly?
Me: I'm not telling you because you two will want to sneak in on us.

That brought about a fit of giggles. I'm pretty sure that I found them out on that last question.
-----------
And a completely different talk this morning:

Melina: I like bacon. Daddy, do you like bacon?
Me: No.
Melina: Daddy, you should give bacon a try. Bacon is really yummy.

Comments

TamiJ said…
You two are so awesome! Keep up the good work!!

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status