Doh!

Every once in a while, I goof.

Melina woke me up this morning at 5:30 am. That is a bit early for her, but not too much. I heard Melina's little sighs, but let her go a bit, and then decided I better go in and try to get her to go back to sleep. I crawled into bed with her, and realized the problem. Well, I could smell the problem. The poor thing had wet the bed. The sheets, the mattress pad, her pajamas -- all of it -- were reeking of urine. It wasn't a diaper fail, it was a mommy fail.

Last night, Melina had taken a shower, and put her pajamas on before her snack. When we went up to bed, after snack, she went potty, brushed her teeth, and climbed into bed. I read her 3 stories, and turned out the light. If I had had to put the pajamas on after doing the bedtime potty and brush routine, I would have remembered to put a diaper on the child. Instead, I sent her to bed diaper-less, and thus, the deluge.

Melina has been potty-trained since before she was 2, but at night, we still need the diaper. However, it is clear that she probably stays dry up until really early in the morning. I think she'd have noticed wetting the bed before 5:30 am, if she had done so.

I told Melina she needs to remind me to put the diaper on her each evening. I don't know if she will, but considering I don't want to have to do any more laundry than I do, I'll make up some mental checklist and put "Melina's diaper" on it. Otherwise, I'll be doing repeated dope slaps to myself, and I think I can without any more of those.

Comments

T said…
Dude, as soon as I read D'oh, I totally knew as probably most mothers reading this would. LOL I HATE when I do that. Actually, nope I only did it once and learned fast.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status