Jinxed!

Yesterday, at dinner, I was looking at Melina eat her food. She was packing away a huge amount, which wasn't too odd, considering she hadn't had an afternoon snack. While I was watching her, we spoke about preschool and what she liked, and how the teachers were, and whether or not she saw James on Thursday. Melina really likes James, and plays with him often. He has red hair, so it really isn't difficult to figure out why she gravitates to him.

Anyway, while we were talking, I was thinking that Melina hasn't brought home the deluge of germs that the other kids did upon entering preschool. It makes sense; she has already been inundated with many germs from the other kids being in school. Mid-November, and except for a slight cold and a double ear infection (neither of which kept her from school), we'd seen nothing.

I should not have even let that thought go through my head, I tell you!

At 1:30 am, I heard Melina complaining in her room, something she usually doesn't do. She wanted me to sleep with her. I said I could rest for a couple of minutes, but that I wanted her to sleep alone for the night. Again, I usually don't have to even say that. I told her to hold on, and I went downstairs to see Tim, just to tell him that I might be in Melina's room.

When I got back up to Melina's room, it was obvious something was amiss. She was whimpering, and there was a distinct odor. I am sure you know the one about which I am talking. I swung into clean-up mode. I stripped her bed, and dragged her to the bathroom. I ran downstairs to tell Tim that vomit-cleanup was underway. Melina had a bath, new sheets were put on the bed, and the first load of laundry was started.

Unfortunately for Melina, she continued to have vomiting spells. It is now 6:46 am, and she has used the bowl 8 times since that initial spread of glorious chyme across her bed. She and I have had little sleep, but we did catch a few winks. I hope she clears this easily, and that of course, it doesn't wreak havoc with the rest of the crew. Of course, I'll let you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status